The conference kicked off at 9:30 a.m. on the 2nd floor of the Grand Hyatt.
The conference uses a 3rd party app http://www.essemble.us/ for scheduling of the conference. I found it very useful to know session information, times and location.
I have the ability to learn and have the imitative
- Make a GitHub account
- Joined a game development lab
- We Read Too
- A app is not going to save the world?
- Technology is a tool. It is not a solution.
- How can you create meaningful tools that have positive impact?
Think outside yourself
If you’re building something, test it with folks who experience life differently from yourself.
Think about times where you or someone you know has struggled to find or access something important.
Pevo : is a national app for domestic violence.
Lyra : is a speech app for kids with autistim
- Extend your knowledge beyond yourself
- Mentor Others
- Volunteer with Organizations
- Spend an hour chatting with someone
I am here today because people saw the potential in me and gave me a chance. If you are in a position to do so then do it.
Autism is a neurologic condition. It is an inability to cope with sensory input. Everyone hearted the support dog.
Do we have financial incentives to behave bad?
We social allow bad behavior. Which rules do we all to break?
How to work with Autistic people
- Making decisions is expensive
- Changing or maintaining a day
- Don’t Selectivity enforce rules
- Eliminate Sensory Distractions
- Make user Stories as detailed as possible
- Communicate through Writing
- Blunt/Honest != Personally Negative
Why Machine Learning is important. You take data, put label’s on features to generate models then you do predictive
- Supervised Learning
- Training Rate is choosing the correct learning rate
- Layered Neural Network
- Machine Learning Terms
- Loss Function
- Validation Data vs Test Data
- Dropout Rate
- Batch Normalization
What a makes a new codebase different?
- Architectural patterns
- You did not write it
Competition on placement of App Store
How to find apps on app store
- Featured App
- Find Category until they find the app
Optimization of App Store
- Set of techniques of find the best keywords get your app in front of right people
- Way to indicate to apple what your app is all about in a way their search algorithm
- Set of best practices for make sure people understand what your app does
- Experimental mindset
What optimization isn’t
- Spam the app store or trick algorithm
- Don’t have time or money to spend
Four components of App Store Opitimization
- What is this app going to give me?
- Features, benefits, tasks
- The apps that show up that are similar or are competitors
- Are those keywords used
- Popularity 1 low 100 high
- Use app intelligence tool
- Research Mistakes
- Using keywords that are irrelevant
- Turn words into something that matters
- Keyword of importance
- Keyword List
- Use variation of full test search
- Split into single words
- Separate with, remove all spaces
- Removal all stop words
- Don’t include your app, company or category
- Use all 100 characters
- App’s Name
- Include the most important keywords
- Order is important. If it isn’t a brand, push to last
- Most important words are in title
- App’s Subtitle
- Have a subtitle
- Use all 30 characters
- combine with keyword list
- Convey what your app does quickly
- Everyone checks out the app’s screenshot
- Video’s show how easy
- Sell it quickly
- Color engage the eye
- Add contrast to App’s UI
- Short simple captions to describe what the app can do
- Humanize the app by showing action, in the context of a real person
- Mistakes with screenshots
- App’s UI
- Sorting screenshots by order of use not benefits
- Too much text
- Capture boring UI
- Video Good For
- App preview is an opportunity to showcase
- Tie what you show to important keywords
- Excite the person watching
- Promote the biggest benefits and app offers with captions, voice over
- You get 3 videos
- Customizing the post shot
- Use your logo and brand colors
- Use bright colors
- Avoid text
- Don’t pack to much detail
- Keep track of performance
- Look at keyword rank