On Friday May 3rd the last AIM IT Leadership session was held at Omaha Public Power District located at in downtown Omaha at the Energy Plaza at 444 So. 16th Street.
This session was on Reality-Based Leadership. This is based on research and book by Cy Wakeman. This is a local speaker who wrote a book on the topic.
The principles of Reality-Based Leadership include:
- Refusing to argue with reality
- Valuing action over opinion
- Leading first, managing second
- Bulletproofing employees so that they can succeed, regardless of the circumstances
- Working to be happy rather than to be right
The speaker for the day taking us through the course was Alex Dorr.
He started off with saying “I want to Thank you for being here and the opportunity to speak”
Here is a link to my notes along with the power point.
I can say this was my favorite speaker and session.
These were my three actions I took from the course today.
- Work on my personal happiness.
- Help others be accountable.
- Finding what great looks like at work.